Head of Information Technology
Apollo Hospitals Dhaka
- This position provides strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the information and technology systems for the hospital. The Head of Information Technology is responsible for the management of multiple information and communications systems and projects, including voice, data, imaging, and office automation. The Chief Information Officer -IT reports to the COO, and is a member of Hospital Management Committee.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Enterprise-wide Planning:
- 1. Participates as an integral member in the strategic planning process of the AHD.
- 2. Develops, coordinates, guides and maintains IT systems strategic and operational plans in support of the overall AHD’s mission and business strategy.
- 3. Develops and maintains an enterprise systems architecture, defining standards and protocols for data exchange, software, and interconnectivity of network information systems.
- 1. Provides advice on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems.
- 2. Negotiates all IT acquisition contracts, soliciting involvement and participation of other management team members as appropriate.
- 3. Provides responsive advice, counsel, education and service to the hospital concerning IT issues and trends in the IT industry.
- 4. Communicates IT plans, policies and technology trends throughout the organization.
- 5. Promotes and oversees relationships between the hospital’s IT resources and external entities (e.g., government, vendors, researchers, auditors, and other organizations).
- Management and Oversight:
- 1. Approves, coordinates, and controls all projects related to selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems for the hospital.
- 2. Develops and maintains an appropriate organizational structure capable of supporting the information needs of operating entities through appropriate information technology.
- 3. Develops and maintains corporate IT policies and standards relating to the acquisition, implementation, and operation of information technology and communication systems.
- 4. Develops and maintains an enterprise-wide data model and data dictionary.
- 5. Negotiates IT service level agreements with user organizations and monitors IT systems performance to assure service levels are being met.
- 6. Researches and evaluates alternatives for the enhancement or re-engineering of IT. Develops, coordinates and manages the incorporation of enhancements to and re-engineering of hospital systems, in keeping with the needs and objectives of the enterprise.
- 7. Provides quality service to end users in needs analysis, solution recommendation, vendor selection, implementation, training, and post-installation support.
- 8. Ensures that enterprise information systems operate according to internal standards, external regulatory standards, and legal requirements.
- 9. Develops and enforces policy and procedures to ensure the protection of enterprise IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy of information maintained by the enterprise.
- 10. Develops and maintains an enterprise-wide business recovery plan to ensure timely and effective restoration of IT services in the event of a disaster.
- Human Resources Management:
- 1. Responsible for the recruitment, development, motivation and retention of assigned management and staff conforming to budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
- 2. Ensures appropriate training programs for the organization are in place to attract, retain and develop the key personnel required to support information services.
- Financial Management:
- 1. Develops and maintains the annual operating and capital budgets for company information and technology systems. Responsible for monitoring IT activities and costs as related to the overall utilization of resources required to meet programmatic operational requirements.
- 2. Develops and maintains corporate policies and standards aimed at minimizing costs related to the acquisition, implementation and operation of IT systems.
- 3. Maintains contact with IT suppliers and maintains knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices and terms of agreements to minimize the investment required to meet established service levels. Evaluates alternatives, performs appropriate cost benefit analysis, and recommends solutions that minimize costs commensurate with acceptable risks.
- 4. Reviews company hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts, soliciting involvement and participation of other management team members as appropriate. Develops, when possible, company master purchase or lease agreements for hardware, software, maintenance and telecommunication services.
- Technical Competencies:
- Comprehensive knowledge of:
- Business principles and techniques of administration, organization, and management to include an in-depth understanding of the key business issues that exist in the healthcare industry.
- Data processing methods and procedures, and computer software systems
- Equipment and software characteristics of various computer systems and a general understanding of system features and their integration capabilities.
- Systems design and development process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation and operational management
- Business process analysis and redesign
- Bachelor and masters in information Technology.
- Required Certified course :
- Diploma in Computing and Multimedia.
- Microsoft Certified System Administration.
- At least 8 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Project Manager (Software), Project Manager (IT System), Network Engineer/Network Administrator, IT System Management, Security Management of IT System , MIS
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
Healthcare/Lifestyle product, Hospital
- Age 30 to 35 year(s)
- Budget preparation and monitoring
- Planning and organizing
- Management and leadership
- Interpersonal relationship building
- Relate to all levels of the user community
- Negotiating with vendors, contractors, and others
- Be a team player that motivates and educates other team members
- Plan, implement and support systems in a complex IT environment
- Set and manage priorities
- Comprehend complex, technical subjects
- Translate technical language to lay audiences
- As per Apollo Hospitals Dhaka Policy
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline : Dec 7, 2016
Apollo Hospitals Dhaka
Address : Plot 81, Block E, Bashundhara R/A, Dhaka-1229
Web : www.apollodhaka.com
Business : Apollo Hospitals Dhaka, a 450-bed super-specialty multi-disciplinary tertiary level hospital, is the first and only hospital in Bangladesh that has been accredited by Joint Commission International. This prestigious accreditation signifies Apollo Hospitals Dhaka`s commitment to quality, safety and continuous improvement in patient care.