Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
684-686, Red Crescent Sarak, Bara Mogh Bazar, Dhaka-1217
||Technical Officer – WASH (Salary Negotiable)
||Cyclone Roanu Operation/Flood Operation under Disaster Response Department
||Jamalpur, Noakhali & Laxmipur
||Till March 2017
||Maximum 40 years
- Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) is a humanitarian organisation working for Disaster Risk Reduction, Disaster Response (Relief & Recovery), Cyclone Preparedness, Community Based Disaster Preparedness, Community Development etc.
- Disaster Response (DR) Department under DMD Division mainly focuses on emergency response for natural and men made disasters with a view to reducing socio-economic vulnerabilities of the targeted communities. Disaster Response department addresses needs and priorities of selected communities and major sectors requiring interventions are water and sanitation, health, shelter & livelihood, women and development etc.
- The WASH Officers are expected to design and successfully implement the WASH related activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, organize and follow up of the community mobilization in target communities on issues related to implementation of WASH activities based on plan of action.
- Responsible for construction, operation and maintenance of WASH facilities.
- Establish the technical aspect of the internal purchase order and tender documents for construction and rehabilitation of WASH facilities
- Ensure the quality of WASH materials as supplied by supplier/contractor
- Responsible for site management: general supervision of contractors and ensuring the safety of construction sites and community participation
- Validate the progress and quality of work of the contractors and coordinate/liaise with BDRCS (DR Dept) and IFRC to ensure their payments
- Design, organize and implement training for installation and use of WASH facilities at household level
- Follow up logistics/budget management/site supervision for small scale works (installation/rehabilitation of water points or latrines etc)
- Follow-up of activities in the field of WASH facilities in relation to capacity building of beneficiaries.
- Ensure that construction works is integrated with hygiene promotion and community participation component, to ensure sustainability of the infrastructure built
- Coordinate with other local actors (governmental and non-governmental) regarding WASH activities
- Ensure the integration of gender, child protection, environment and other cross cutting issues to the design, implementation and development of WASH construction/training activities and ensure that activities take into account the needs of specific groups and individuals, especially children, the elderly and disabled
- Plan, organize and facilitate PHAST tools in the communities
- Support any other matters as assigned by the authority
Education and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience on WASH related activities
- Organization, coordination and planning skills
- Experience in PHAST tool implementation in the community level
- Experience with working with donors and contractors
Skills & abilities:
- Good Computer skills
- Fluent in English and Bangla.
- Adhere to the 7 fundamental principles of Red Cross and Red Crescent movement
- Act at all times in accordance with the Code of Conduct
- Honest and high level of integrity
- Assist the organization on occasion, in times of national, international or local emergencies or major disasters
Interested candidates should email their resume with a cover letter and a recent passport size photograph, to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00 pm, 12 December 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
BDRCS is an equal opportunity employer.