Veterinary Surgeon, BRAC Dairy & Food Project
Job Description / Responsibility
- Preparation of yearly budget for veterinary service and plan related to services within their territory
- Society formation, arrange meeting with the producers, daily contact with farmers, advice on increasing of high quality milk collection and production by applying modern technology
- Identify farmer needs disease control and treatment, green fodder production & advice on feeding practices of balanced diet of cattle
- Execution of cross-breeding program with pure deep frozen semen of HF breed to increased milk production of the native cattle
- Provide emergency service, vaccination, de-worming and to advice farmers about modern daily management
- Organize model dairy farm
- Preparation of monthly report of all veterinary service
- Maintain liaison with livestock department
- Perform any other duties assigned by management
- The candidate should have DVM with minimum 2nd division/ class or equivalent in all academic examinations
- Age At most 35 year(s)
- Experienced candidate will get preference
- High integrity and professionalism
- Must have excellent analytical ability
- Must have good communication skill both in Bengali and English
- Must have the skill of multitasking
- Must have the ability to work under pressure
- Staff Security & Health Insurance Benefits, Festival Bonuses, Compulsory Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity and others
Job Category: Agro (Plant/Animal/Fisheries)
If you feel that you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please send your detailed resume and a cover letter justifying your qualification for the applied position to BRAC Human Resource Division, BRAC Centre (5th floor), 75 Mohakhali, Dhaka-1212 on or before 5 January 2016. Please mention the name of the position and EN – 671216 on top of the cover letter and the envelope. You can also apply online through careers.brac.net. Internal candidates are requested to apply through proper channel. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline : Jan 5, 2017
Address : BRAC Centre, 75 Mohakhali, Dhaka 1212
Web : enterprises.brac.net
Business : BRAC Enterprises, the social enterprise and investment division of BRAC were initiated as intervention to serve a need or create market access for the marginal producers. BRAC Enterprises strives to strike the right balance between financial surplus and social returns in order to achieve the targeted double/ triple bottom lines. By operating as a surplus generating enterprises that aims to alleviate poverty through its business operations and supply chain, BRAC succeeds in implementing its vision to serve the society in a profitable manner. Now, these socially profitable enterprises, across crafts, agriculture, livestock, poultry, fisheries, health and retail sector are making a significant contribution to the local economy through the creation of market linkage, entrepreneurs and employment opportunities.