Project Manager, ELA (Empowerment and Livelihood for Adolescents)
- BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill up the above position
- Job Location: BRAC International Country Office -Free Town, Sierra Leone
Job Description / Responsibility
- The purpose of this role is to ensure project sustainability, smooth proper/quality project implementation, liaise with different stakeholders at different levels that ensure active participation and ownership of the project and on time quality report delivery.
- Quality implementation and follow up the relevant project activities for what she/he is assigned for.
- Manage fund as per budget and ensure funding existing project and ensure proper fund utilization and on time/quality reporting.
- Liaise with different stakeholders to include, govt. donors, and develop strategic partnership for sustainability of the project.
- Participate in relevant forums and networks for learning and sharing about different aspects of the project
- Regularly communicate with the fund manager and the head office regarding the project
- Work closely with project staff and develop their capacity through different trainings both managerial and field operations for good performance and better service delivery.
- Anticipate project risks and make appropriate ways to minimize them and also create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Establish, coordinate and maintain good relationship with other support programmes.
- Prepare quality daily. Weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports and plans as it required by relevant management.
- Masters in Education/Social Science or relevant discipline from any reputed University/Institute with minimum 2nd division or class or equivalent CGPA in all academic records.
- At least 5 years of experience in the relevant field of Programme management and implementation in education, adolescent development, youth development.
- Project planning and management, experienced in youth programme, child protection, development and gender related issues, People management
- Very good oral & written communication skills in English
- Good expertise in social communication media
- Excellent analytical, report writing and presentation skills
- Must be deadline oriented and committed to assignment
- Must be able to work with other functional teams
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organisation skills
- Proficient in MS office, excel
- Proposal development and grant management experience
- Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources
- Very good understanding about West African context
- Willing to travel both within and outside Country
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to apply online through careers.brac.net
or email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at email@example.com .
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 44/16 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.
Application Deadline : Jan 22, 2017
Business : With over 100,000 employees reaching an estimated 135 million people, BRAC is the world?s largest non-governmental organization. BRAC is a development success story, spreading anti-poverty solutions born in Bangladesh to 10 other developing countries in Asia and Africa, making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world?s poor. With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of tools including microfinance, education, healthcare, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities? own human and material resources, catalyzing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world?s top development and humanitarian relief organizations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global South.