- Project Summary: Where the Rain Falls (WtRF III) – CBA project in Bangladesh is to improve the resilience of targeted vulnerable and marginalized communities to the impacts of increasing variability of rainfall patterns by promoting SUPER agriculture and community based adaptation. The project will adopt a rights-based approach and focus its advocacy and mobilization efforts on empowering women, enabling vulnerable groups to participate in local decision-making/governance, and ensuring equitable access to resources and services vital to adaptation.
- Project Officer – Monitoring & Learning for Where the Rain Falls (WtRF) III – CBA project (01 Position, based at upazila level in Kurigram).
- The duration of the proposed contract is up to December 31, 2018.
- The Project Officer – Monitoring & Learning is directly responsible to pro-actively coordinate all M&E activities of the project, ensure data consistence, reliability, timeliness and quality to satisfy program`s M&E requirements and produce quality reports. S/he is also responsible for operating M&E systems to demonstrate periodic changes and program impact, upgrading M&E tools and process in line with the program implementation modalities. S/he will be responsible for establishing `learning and knowledge management` system. The Project Officer – Monitoring & Learning is overall responsible to produce high quality, reliable, and efficient information systems tailored to the needs of different levels of management and operational staff. S/he will promote the project brand through production of high quality `relevant` learning material to generate interest in the development field. The incumbent will also provide periodic administrative support for the project. S/he will uphold CARE Bangladesh`s values and ensuring programming and organizational principles.
- Reporting to: Coordinator – Resilience and Climate Change
Job Description / Responsibility
- Responsibility # 1: (30%)
- Ensure Partnership management, Administrative and Support Functions
- Support carryout partner’s functions smoothly.
- Provide administrative support to the project related to logistics, procurement, travel, NGO Affairs Bureau etc.
- Assist Coordinator – Resilience and Climate Change for the financial follow ups such as fund disbursement, vendor/consultant payments, proper coding and postings, financial reporting etc.
- Any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the organization.
- Responsibility # 2: (25%)
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Development of an effective and efficient M&E system in line with donor and CARE requirements.
- Introduce and implement Participatory Monitoring, Evaluation, Reflection and Learning (PMERL) for ensuring participation of direct beneficiaries in the monitoring systems.
- Propose necessary adjustments to the M&E system as and when required.
- Monitor project progress and measure the success and failure both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Ensure that project and partner staff are acquainted with and clearly understand the M&E tools/ process, purpose, data collection methods, targeting, planning, reporting requirements and indicators so that they own the process and contribute in unrolling the whole system.
- Support project management to coordinate baseline survey, mid -term and final evaluation of the project.
- Responsibility # 3: (25%)
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Process project M&E data (Quantitative and Qualitative), analyze those accordingly and find the key findings for reporting and sharing.
- Prepare regular monitoring reports as per project and donor needs.
- Share M&E reports, learning and key messages with staffs and other stakeholder level at appropriate format at certain frequency as per M&E framework and timeline.
- Maintain database of project monitoring information (Qualitative and Quantitative) through appropriate software.
- Responsibility # 4: (20%)
- Learning and Documentation
- Assist PM of PNGO to establish effective system for information sharing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Design and implement a “learning and knowledge management” system.
- In collaboration with Communications & Public Relation (C&PR) team, document and communicate project success, best practices, case stories, learning etc in different local, national and international forums, websites, newsletter/magazine, newspaper etc.
- Ensure compliance of donor and CARE branding policies for any publications.
- Ensure exchange of learning within other CARE projects.
- Assist Project Management for advocacy related work and media engagement.
- Represent CARE in different forums as assigned by Project Management.
- Masters in Statistics, Social Sciences, Economics or any relevant subject.
- Minimum 3 to 4 years professional practical/experience in the M&E field.
- Should have knowledge on SPSS, MS Access and Excel.
- Should have knowledge on managing M&E database, including template design, data entry, cleaning, logical checks of monitoring data.
- Experience in enabling knowledge management and learning within a project.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Should have good understanding of MS Office applications.
- Core Competencies:
- Planning & organizing.
- Operational decision making.
- Building partnership.
- Facilitating change.
- Stress tolerance.
- Candidates need to be highly motivated and committed to CARE Bangladesh’s vision, mission, and long-term development work to significantly improve the lives of the most vulnerable and marginalized. Candidates must be capable of displaying great learning agility, support and encouragement of knowledge sharing across projects, to the ultimate benefit of all of CARE’s mission wide initiatives.
- This is an interesting time in the development of CARE as an organization which is shifting towards a program approach where it has developed longer-term impact visions to have MORE sustainable changes in the lives of the extreme poor and marginalized. CARE is looking for a Project Officer – Monitoring and Learning who will play a key role in the Where the Rain Falls (WtRF) III – CBA project whilst at the same time building a learning culture that promotes knowledge sharing across CARE and excellence.
- Monthly gross salary is Taka 36,236 plus other admissible benefits as per CARE policy. Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the really deserving person. In addition, CARE offers PF, Gratuity, Bonus, Leave encashment, Life Insurance, Baby care facilities, working mother benefits etc.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply through CARE-B’s e-recruitment site:http://www.er-carebangladesh.org/care-recruitment/home
on or before January 14, 2017.
Note: 2 Women are particularly encouraged to apply 2 Any persuasion will disqualify the candidates 2 All applicants shall be treated equally in the entire selection process.
Application Deadline : Jan 14, 2017