Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has 44 active projects in 31 countries and total revenues of approximately $176 million.
Procurement Manager, Dhaka Bangladesh (Re advertisement)
ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking a Procurement Manager for the USAID-funded Feed the Future Bangladesh Rice and Diversified Crops Activity (RDC). The activity will be a five-year primary mechanism to support productivity and market systems development under USAID/Bangladesh’s FTF strategy, with the objective of improved food security through systemic changes that increase rural incomes and – via increased incomes, including women’s income, and incentivized crop diversification – to improved nutrition. USAID/Bangladesh’s new RDC activity will foster growth and reduce poverty through improving the competitiveness, inclusiveness, and resilience of rice and other selected crops in the FTF Zone of Influence (ZOI) to the benefit of large numbers of men and women and their families in rural households, farms, and market systems.
- Implement and oversee the project’s portfolio of procurement actions.
- Oversee all purchases of the project ensuring compliance with the procurement regulations and procedures of the project and other applicable rules and regulations and local laws.
- Streamline purchasing operations to ensure that procurement services are efficient and effective.
- Oversee and conduct negotiations with firms and other vendor arrangements, including blanket purchase agreements, rates, discounts, alternative fee arrangements and leverage spending.
- Prepare contracts and ensure proper execution of contracts and compilation of procurement packages.
- Verify and analyze invoices to ensure adherence to negotiated vendor agreements.
- Ensure procurement needs of technical and grants teams are being met in a timely fashion for grant implementation.
- Identify potential suppliers and service providers.
- Maintain procurement-related records and documents.
- Manage the work of procurement staff.
- Perform other duties and undertake other projects as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Purchasing, Business Management or related field of study
- 7 years of experience in the procurement field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with an NGO or an international organization project providing development assistance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations including demonstrated knowledge of logistics, forwarding and clearing.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions that require some interpretation of established policies and procedures, clear objectives, and business/professional standards.
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to gather and analyze a variety of information pertaining to issues and to develop appropriate recommendations for action.
- Ability to communicate, negotiate, advise, persuade, or resolve issues that are highly complex and sensitive in nature with persons on all levels both inside and outside the company.
- Strong written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner.
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgment and tact while protecting confidential information.
- Proven ability to effectively use databases, spreadsheet, word processing, and position-specific software.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and lead the work of others.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication ability in English.
- Willingness to travel 10% of time.
Interested applicants are requested to apply before November 26th, 2016. Please email your CV along a Cover letter to email@example.com . Please mention the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women and minorities candidates. ACDI/VOCA will never solicit a payment from any applicant.