Senior Manager – Communication and Advocacy, Suchana
Save the Children
Save the Children invites applications for the following position under Suchana programme. Suchana is a 6 year comprehensive and multi-sectoral programme which aims to prevent chronic malnutrition for under-2 children in Bangladesh and break the inter-generational transfer of malnutrition through economic and cultural determinants in two districts of Sylhet division. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for the potential female candidates.
Job Description / Responsibility
- The position will work as the focal point for developing Communications and Advocacy Strategy for Suchana program in accordance with the priorities and thus initiating & managing relevant activities through maintaining functional linkages with relevant government departments, implementing partners and other stakeholders.
- The responsibilities also include development, publication and dissemination of project briefs, programme updates, annual reports, newsletters, day observance reports; publishing research reports and other materials as per the programme need and managing the Suchana website.
- He/she will initiate and take necessary steps to document the best practices, case studies and success stories and also take the lead to identify capacity building needs of the implementing partners to strengthen overall documentation, communication and advocacy.
- S/he will play a major role to prepare an advocacy strategy, identifying key advocacy issues and use formal and informal channels to share evidence-based findings from Suchana with senior level decision makers within targeted ministries.
Master’s Degree, preferably in Social Science/English/ Communication/ Journalism or related subjects.
- Preferably 7 years’ working experience in communication, social media, article writing, advocacy and IEC/BCC materials development, including 3 years in a managerial/equivalent position.
- S/he is expected to have sufficient knowledge on social media communications and past record of writing in newspapers and/or blog will be a plus, proven track record on advocacy issues, knowledge on livelihoods, food security, nutrition, poverty will be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Bangla and English, translation skills from Bangla to English & vice-versa, proficiency in MS Office with skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, Bangla software etc.
- S/he should have the willingness to travel to the field at least 50% of his/her time.
- Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
For detailed job description and to apply online, please visit: http://bangladesh.savethechildren.net
. Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview. Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce.
Application Deadline : Dec 5, 2016
Save the Children
Business : Save the Children is the world`s leading, independent organisation for children.