Save the Children is the world’s leading, independent organisation for children
Save the Children invites applications for the following position under Suchana programme. Suchana is a 6 year comprehensive and multi-sectoral programme which aims to prevent chronic malnutrition for under-2 children in Bangladesh and break the inter-generational transfer of malnutrition through economic and cultural determinants in two districts of Sylhet division. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for the potential female candidates.
Deputy Programme Director – Suchana
(1 position based in Sylhet)
- The Deputy Programme Director will work closely with the field based senior officials in providing programme operational/technical interventions and action for regional/field programming, direction and oversight to the programme operations at the field level and ensure that the activities are completed as per plans and donor requirements.
- S/he will maintain good relations with appropriate stakeholders in government, NGOs and communities, particular emphasis will have to be placed on systematically enhancing the capacity of senior field based staff, with the aim of an enhanced decision making, qualitative implementation and cost effective operations.
- S/he will also work with Implementing & Technical Partners to establish flexible programme operations to ensure community led processes and manage diverse priorities, maintain a close contact with MEAL and Research Team, review the overall progress and provide feedback as and when required.
- At least 10 years working experience, preferably in field-based nutrition and livelihoods programming, of which 5 years in management position with managing multi sectoral programs and diverse people.
- S/he is expected to have proven managerial background and solid experience in the field of integrated nutrition, livelihoods and women empowerment programme implemented jointly by consortium partners and relevant ministries of GoB.
- Sound knowledge on Bangladesh political, environmental and social context, nutrition and livelihood situation and challenges especially in greater Sylhet division.
- Excellent programme planning, coordination, partnership and staff management skill.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deal with a variety of issues at the same time, necessary computer proficiency.
- Master Degree, preferably in Social Science/Development Studies/Management/Nutrition or relevant discipline.
For detailed job description and to apply online, please visit: http://bangladesh.savethechildren.net
Application deadline: December 05, 2016
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’