Chief Accounts Officer
Embassy of Sweden
- The Embassy of Sweden in Dhaka is offering an exciting work environment and seeking a candidate for the position at the Embassy as Chief Accounts Officer. Reporting directly to the Head of the Administrative Section, the primary responsibility is to handle all issues related to finance and accounting of the Embassy´s administrative budget. For more information about the Embassy, please visit www.swedenabroad.com/en-GB/Embassies/Dhaka and about Sida www.sida.se
Job Description / Responsibility
- Manage all everyday book keeping and accounting tasks including ensuring monthly cash inflow & outflow, preparation of Monthly Financial Report, Bank Reconciliation Report, settlement of bills, claims and invoices.
- Follow-up of the Embassy administrative budget and two minor separate budgets.
- Administration of procurement issues, especially in regular vendor enlistment processes.
- Assist the Head of the Administrative Section in monthly and yearly budget follow-up.
- Coordinate with Embassy’s local bank and all related issues with them for banking services and cooperation.
- Administration of salary, income tax, pension and health insurance for locally employed staff.
- Financial administration of benefits for posted staff (household staff salary, children school fees, hardship tickets etc.
- VAT administration
- Communicate with the Ministry for Foreign Affairs regarding questions related to the book-keeping system – Agresso/ Business World UM
- At least Master’s degree in Accounting, any other professional certification e.g., CA/ACCA would be an added advantage
- Analytical approach (budgeting and financial analysis)
- Experience of internal control systems – (efficient and effective but scaled to size of office)
- Previous experience managing an online accounts package, ideally Business World/Agresso or similar online Accounting software packages
- Accounting and data practices and analysis with excellent command in MS Office suits
- A minimum of 5 years´ experience from an international work place, with a minimum 3-year in a senior role
- Ability to demonstrate cooperative skills like team building and ability to delegate
- Ability to organize information into format for management review
- Ability to initiate and implement activities independently to meet deadlines with a high level of quality and accuracy.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- High level of quality of work and professional integrity
- We offer
- An exciting international work environment.
- 37.5-hour work week and other benefits as per Embassy policy.
- Competitive remuneration package based on qualification and performance.
Send your CV to email@example.com
Apply online with your motivation letter (not more than 400 words), a CV and at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th December 2016. Please mark the subject line with ‘Chief Accounts Officer’.
Application Deadline : Dec 24, 2016
Embassy of Sweden