Admin & Finance Officer
GFA Consulting Group
- Scope of work The Admin and Finance Officer will work with the GFA RE component team and the Team Leader/ Component Leader.
- The Officer`s work station will be at SED Programme office based in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Job Type: Temporary
- Job duration of 7 months from 15 Dec 2016 till 15 July 2017
Job Description / Responsibility
- Provide an efficient and effective project administrative function to GFA national and international consultants.
- Supervise and monitor the electronic cash-book entries and ensure that all accounting records are maintained on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the accounting records are reconciled with the bank statements at the end of every calendar month.
- Maintain sufficient funds in the bank accounts for the smooth operation of the project’s operations.
- Prepare all accounting and administrative reports at the end of each month and submit to Team Leader.
- Establish, implement and monitor a weekly/monthly electronic back-up system for all project related files generated electronically by all team members.
- Supervise and maintain comprehensive records of all project logistical matters.
- Attend meetings and provide secretarial duties to the GFA team members as and when required.
- Manage ad-hoc duties as requested by the GFA Team Leader.
- Maintain close collaboration with SED Admin and Finance staffs
- Specific responsibilities:
- OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive filing system for administrative and financial records.
- Ensure a fully functioning GFA office appertaining to office supplies/services, including utilities.
- PERSONNEL ADMINISTRATION
- Establish, maintain and monitor personnel files for all project personnel.
- Check received Expert timesheet on correctness, if necessary request revision and submit to the Team Leader for approval.
- Maintain within the personnel files a full record of training days, sickness days, public holidays and copies of requests for overtime work.
- Maintain personal details including, but not limited to: address of consultant, telephone number (s), next-of-kin contact details in event of emergency.
- Maintain and issue to all team members a current list of private hospitals and dentists in Dhaka.
- Ensure that a full first-aid kit is available in the office and that there is a trained firstaider available to administer basic medical aid in the event of an emergency.
- DAILY ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
- Establish and maintain a computerized database of vendors.
- Set-up a file on the project’s bank accounts and obtain bank statements at regular intervals to be decided by the Team Leader.
- Establish and maintain a petty cash imprest system for office sundries.
- Observe the GFA Procurement rules and ensure compliance in conjunction with the Team Leader.
- Utilize the GFA accounting templates for recording of income and expenditure, reconciling the accounting records with the bank statements.
- Maintain the petty cash float account and reconcile on a weekly basis.
- Ensure the security of all cash, cheque books, bank documentations and contracts by securing inside the locked office safe.
- MANAGEMENT OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL STE (SHORT TERM EXPERTS)
- Assist the Team Leader in preparing the Terms of Reference (ToR) for STE’s including financial information relating to travel and accommodation expenses.
- Support in the preparation of contract for national STEs and service providers in line with EU/ GFA rules and regulations.
- PROJECT COMMUNICATION AND ORGANISATION
- Maintain and monitor a standard procedure for responding to enquiries from colleagues and the general public.
- Handle official correspondence including letters, emails, fax, phone calls, etc.
- Maintain a computerized log for all invoices received.
- Provide assistance for logistics appertaining to capacity building workshops, media events and trainings.
- Establish and execute procedures relating to purchasing of air tickets, hotel reservations, and ground transport requirements for national and international personnel for travel both within and outside of country.
- 4 years Graduation from reputed university.
- Earlier experience of similar job will be preferable
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline : Dec 12, 2016
GFA Consulting Group