|Ipas is an international NGO with a mission of reducing maternal deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortion and improving women’s reproductive health and rights. Founded in 1973, Ipas works in 15 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The international headquarter of Ipas is based in North Carolina, USA. Ipas has started working in Bangladesh in July 2011.
Ipas Bangladesh is seeking applications from hardworking, sincere and cheerful individuals for the following positions for its country program:
Manager, Family Planning Project (01 Position based in Country Office, Dhaka)
Ipas seeks experienced individual to manage the delivery of a large, high-quality, innovative donor funded project that delivers immediate and lasting change for women in Bangladesh in accordance with the country strategy. The incumbent is responsible for overseeing the execution of Ipas Bangladesh’s response to reducing maternal mortality by contributing to improved access to family planning services. The position is responsible for the management of the project across all intervention districts and leads on direct implementation and engagement with key internal and external stakeholders throughout the project management cycle.
The position will represent Ipas Bangladesh and the organization’s interests with national actors and contribute to ensuring operational compliance with local legislation. The incumbent will build relations with government and health officials and local partner organizations; develop project strategies together with technical advisers; and ensure an accountable response benefiting the needs of women so they are able to access safe, effective, and high-quality FP, MR, and PAC services.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall successful implementation of the project within scope, budget and schedule including development of implementation strategies and work plans to ensure that project goals and objectives are met.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all programmatic and financial aspects of assigned projects and serves as principle representative on behalf of the project.
- Creates and executes project work plans and schedules, using industry-standard applications (i.e. Microsoft Project).
- Monitors project performance for both Ipas staff and subcontractors against the project. requirements; ensures overall contract compliance with client and Ipas regulations and procedures; updates project performance documentation.
- Identifies and tracks project issues and potential risks; determines and executes mitigation strategies, involving project staff and other Ipas management personnel as needed.
- Develops solutions to difficult and complex problems not covered by established procedures; proactively recommends improvements to standard practices and processes.
- Supports the management of project financial performance targets, leads project financial forecasting and reviews, and analyzes and troubleshoots financial issues.
- Ensures completion and dissemination of formal documentation for the project including budgets, monthly financial and progress reports, and other deliverables.
- Manages consultant and subcontracting arrangements, including changes in subcontractor
- Facilitates the on boarding of new project staff, as well as consultants and subcontractors, as needed.
- Supervises and supports the work of team members and consultants and ensures activities are aligned with project goals and Ipas’s overall strategic goals.
- Documents procedures and systems to facilitate inclusion in proposals
- Coordinates donor reporting process and inputs.
- Serves as a liaison to project sponsor and escalates issues in a timely fashion, as needed.
Internal & External Customers / Suppliers as well as Third Parties
- Serves as the communication director for the project; facilitates communication with the client, project team, government and health officials and local partner organizations; promotes Ipas’s work by participating and presenting in conferences, meetings, etc.
- Interacts with client (as deemed appropriate by project sponsor) with a focus on customer service and understanding of client expectations and needs, while concurrently manages and prioritizes client requests with contract requirements.
- Builds relationships with public and private organizations; identify common goals and partnership opportunities.
- Manages relationships with government facilities in reference to program related training, services and overall program implementation.
- Provides budgetary, operational, and financial management support to project team members.
- Capitalizes on every project assignment as a marketing opportunity by portraying Ipas in the best possible light with internal and external clients, respectively.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master degree in business, public administration, international development or other social sciences or experience that could be evaluated as commensurate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Science and/or Masters in Public Health strongly preferred.
- Experience in governmental and public health systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in women’s and maternal health.
- Solid project management skills related to organizational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results.
- Substantial management experience in a humanitarian setting including significant field operations experience in women’s and maternal health.
- Demonstrable experience successfully managing funds from a range of donors with knowledge of major funders’ guidelines (e.g. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA, SIDA etc.).
- Familiarity with effective financial and budgetary control and experience managing grants, contracts & sub agreements.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- Previous experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Commitment to and understanding of Ipas Bangladesh’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
- Experience working within a complex and matrix organization structure.
- Fluency in English and Bangla
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Salary & Benefit:
Salary based on experience and qualifications; monthly salary range begins at BDT 185,000
Ipas Bangladesh offers a competitive benefit package, including:
- Contributory Provident Fund
- Festival Bonus
- Health coverage, including spouse
- Life Insurance
- Professional development opportunities
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online at https://jobs-ipas.icims.com/jobs/1617/project-manager/job by 30 November 2016. Only short listed candidates will be called for the interview. Any form of persuasion in the selection process will automatically disqualify the candidacy. This is re-advertisement, those who has applied before need not to apply.