Senior Officer – Accounts
Job Description / Responsibility
- 1. Budgeting:
- Prepare & Analyze monthly departmental budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls.
- Consult with managers to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes.
- Match appropriations for specific programs with appropriations for broader programs, including items for emergency funds.
- Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation and budget preparation.
- Summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds request.
- Seek new ways to improve efficiency and increase profits.
- Review operating budgets to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
- Perform cost-benefits analyses to compare operating programs, review financial request, and explore alternative financing methods.
- Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement a program.
- Fund budget allocations, expenditures, fund balances and related financial activities for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate, revenues are recorded, expenses are within budget limits and/or fiscal practices are followed.
- 2. Internal Audit:
- Responsible for the timely execution of risk-based internal audit in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
- Conduct risk assessment of assigned department or functional area in established/required timeline.
- Determine scope of review in conjunction with the Audit Manager
- Conduct audit testing of specified area and identify reportable issues and dimension of risk
- Follow the existing internal policies and procedures.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Visit to different sites to meet relevant staff and obtain documents and information;
- Well conversant with MS Office & Customized Software
- Providing ad hoc report to managers and staff at all levels, sometimes by delivering courses and training sessions;
- Continuous audit the operational work.
- 3. Treasury Management:
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company’s borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
- Prepare & Follow a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities
- Establish accounting procedures and policy.
- Follow existing bank interest / profit service charges etc.
- Treasury operations and controls.
- Creating solutions to new financial challenges by applying financial or treasury knowledge;
- Liaising with other departments, such as tax and accountancy, on a range of issues;
- Assist on financial matters impacting on the company as a whole;
- Prepare of Bank reconciliation statement.
- Prepare present status of bank instruments
- Prepare present loan status
- 4. Fixed Asset Management:
- Follow & Update a system of controls, procedures, and forms for fixed assets register.
- Follow of updates accounting policies related to fixed assets adopted by Management
- Maintain & updates tag numbers to fixed assets.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Reconcile the balance of fixed asset with subsidiary ledger & the general ledger.
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets.
- Conduct periodic impairment reviews for Tangible & intangible assets.
- Conduct periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets.
- Recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed off.
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management.
- Work closely with the other departments in tracking project costs in comparison to their budgeted projections.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets.
- Communicate with co-workers, management and clients in a courteous and professional manner.
- Reporting for work in a timely manner when scheduled.
- 5. Regulatory Compliance:
- Prepare payment & filing withholding taxes
- Payment of VAT & filing of VAT returns
- Filing of corporate tax returns
- Carry out adherence to statutory compliance
- Prepare and collect of documents related to withholding Tax, VAT & Statutory compliance
- Prepare the documents for drawback VAT, Tax etc.
- Prepare the documents for VAT Exemption Certificate
- Follow up & update the changes of rules & regulation related to Tax, VAT and holding Tax.
- Prepare all kinds of documents related to companies Affairs.
- 6. Expenses and Payable:
- Updating and maintaining records of expenditures
- Ensure good working relationship with vendors and acknowledge queries
- Arrange vendor profiles
- Ensuring that all payments are made in accordance with company policy
- Ensuring that all payments are sent on time
- Collect invoice / bill and others documents from suppliers
- Posting payments to customer accounts
- Organizing and filing deposit receipts as invoices are paid
- Preparing reports on delinquent accounts and customer payment profiles
- Reconciling cash receipts and deposits
- Analyzing financial records for accuracy
- Work as a connection between factory and corporate accounts units
- Obtain and validate invoices for suitable authorization and documentation approval
- Assist in opening and organizing mails, as well as handling and processing of emails for the accounts payable unit
- Evaluate all invoices for suitable filing and consent before identifying inconsistencies and errors.
- Organize the remuneration of staff in form of salary increases, bonuses and promotions from the allotted budget in line with the company’s procedures.
- Prepare the voucher for payment to vendors through Cash & Bank.
- Issue Debit & Credit notes to the inter companies.
- 7. Revenue and Receivable:
- Prepare the statement of accounts payable and receivable.
- Monthly revenue intake sheets, spreadsheet files and inter-company reports and communications to investors, partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure all monthly transactions are accurately recorded, and additionally assist financial analysts in updating revenue tracking sheets and processing royalties.
- Utilizes computerized accounting software programs (CMS & MS Office) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Generates accounting statements and reports.
- Researches cash receipts, coding and posting of receipts.
- Prepares daily bank deposit.
- Research and apply unallocated cash.
- Oversees client trust accounts, accounts receivable write-offs and payment reversals.
- Develops automated spreadsheets.
- Organizes and maintains up to date financial records.
- Recognition of revenue with support of valid documents
- Prepare the journal entry with LC & TT
- Prepare the journal & statement for discounting of LC/ Negotiation of documents / Bill
- Prepare the journal & statement against cash sales
- Prepare the statement for LC payment status
- Prepare the statement of LC documents for Negotiation & discounting
- 8. Accounts Preparation:
- Prepare the financial statement with consideration IAS, BAS & IFRS
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely yearend audit.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Support to the Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Prepare financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports.
- Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new procedures.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- M.Com in Accounting
- CA CC with good academic qualification from reputed Institutions will get preference.
- 3 to 5 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Age 27 to 32 year(s)
- Documentation Skills
- Analyzing Information
- Resolving Conflict
We regret that due to the volume of application, only successful applicant will be contacted.
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline : Dec 13, 2016
Address : 238, I/A, Tejgong, Dhaka-1208
Web : www.nassagroup.org
Business : EXPORTER