Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Plan International Bangladesh
- Advancing Adolescent Health (A2H) project (USAID funded project).
- Based in Dhaka with 50% travel to project areas (Duration up to December 2018)
- The Project: A2H is a USAID funded $6,000,000 project that aims to empower married and unmarried adolescents (10-14 and 15-19) to increase their knowledge about and access to comprehensive sexual and reproductive health and family planning, develop standards for adolescent friendly health services and strengthen the service delivery side by via training, supervision and accountability of health service providers in government run facilities and with formal and informal providers at the community level. The project has two consortium partners: World Mission Prayer League- LAMB Hospital (LAMB) and Eco-Social Development Organization (ESDO) who are responsible for field-level implementation. The project will deliver programming in all eight Upazilas in the Rangpur District, located in the north-west corner of Bangladesh.
Job Description / Responsibility
Job Summary: Reporting to the Project Director, the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist is a senior level position to lead and guide the overall implementation of M&E activities across the project area to ensure an efficient and effective M&E system is in place. Major tasks for the incumbent will include: developing/adapting M&E tools and methods, provide training and technical support to A2H Plan staffs and relevant partner staffs to operationalize M&E system on the ground, monthly and quarterly reporting of progress towards objectives and supports adaptation plans to ensure that A2H M&E system is aligned with donor’s requirement. S/He will also responsible for supervising both Dhaka and field based M&E staffs.
- For this role the ideal candidate should have a Master degree from social science or science background preferably in Statistics from a recognized University.
- At least 10 years working experience in M&E sector on which at least 5 Years in senior M&E and/or key personnel position, preferably with USAID funded program focused on public health, specifically sexual and reproductive health and family planning will be preferred.
- S/he should have clear concept on developing M&E system, implementation, data management & analysis, documentation and dissemination and ability to interpret complex data.
- Excellent communication skills both in English and Bangla, and report writing skills in English.
- The incumbent should be proficient in computer operation, particularly in SPSS, MS-Excel, MS-Access, MS-PowerPoint and other M&E related programs.
- Competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the qualified and deserving candidate
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online at: Click to view Detail & Apply : Plan International Bangladesh: Career
Plan International Bangladesh: Career. Please click on Job Description Job Description
for details regarding the job.
Only short listed candidates will be communicated for interview. Any form of persuasion in the selection process will automatically disqualify the candidacy.
As a child-centered development organisation, committed to the wellbeing of children and to supporting the Convention on the Rights of the Child, we do not tolerate child abuse.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Application Deadline : Dec 10, 2016
Plan International Bangladesh
Business : Founded 78 years ago, Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children`s development organisations in the world. We work in 51 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. In 2014, Plan International worked with 82 million children in 87,000 communities. Plan International is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations but having a vision of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people`s rights and dignity.
Plan International has been operating in Bangladesh since 1994. Plan International seeks to ensure the rights of children to education, health, safe water and sanitation, protection, youth social and economic empowerment and climate change, environmental degradation and natural or man-made disaster hazards throughout the country.