Communications & BCC Specialist
Plan International Bangladesh
- Communications & BCC Specialist, SHOW & BOT Projects (Re-advertisement)
- Based in Dhaka + Duration up to January 2020
- The Project: Plan International Bangladesh has been awarded two grants for MNCH Projects, one is addressed as SHOW project and the other one is Born on Time (BOT) project. Plan International Bangladesh is using these funds to improve maternal, neonatal and child health for underserved populations in 14 upazilas of Bangladesh. Work under the SHOW project reaches all upazilas of Nilphamari district, Barguna Sadar upazila in Barguna district and Panchori upzila of Khagrachori district. BOT will reach 6 Upzilas under Rangpur District.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Reporting to Head of Health Programme, the Communications & BCC Specialist is responsible for overall management, coordination and conduction of the SBCC and communication components of SHOW & BOT projects.
- S/he will be also Responsible for developing communications strategy, website and planning, coordinating, organizing & implementation of communications related all kinds of events for both SHOW & BOT projects.
- Providing technical assistance for development and dissemination of SBCC materials, advocacy tools and other products on gender transformative MNCH, SRHR, preterm and adolescent issues for both SHOW and BOT project by ensuring CCCD approach is another prime responsibility of this position.
- Institutionalize the best practices and lessons learnt from the MNCH projects implementation and generating & sharing different reports both internally and externally is also a part of this role.
- S/he will also act as in charge of media relations and manage third-party contractors or consultants for delivering of quality solutions of SBCC initiatives within the time and budget.
- Candidate should have a master’s degree preferably in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field from a recognized University.
- At least 05 years of professional experience in communications and public relations preferably in INGO/NGO.
- S/he is expected of having technical knowledge on SBCC and development of different SBCC materials related to gender sensitive, adolescent friendly MNCH issue.
- Should have the technical know-how of participatory approach of project implementation, child Rights and gender.
- Excellent communication, documentation and report writing skills both in English and Bengali is mandatory.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, publication software and other communication related software will added value.
- Competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the qualified and deserving candidate.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online by 12 January 2017 at: Plan International Bangladesh: Career.
Please click on Job Description
for details regarding the job. Candidates who applied earlier need not to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be communicated for interview. Any form of persuasion in the selection process will automatically disqualify the candidacy.
As a child-centred development organisation, committed to the wellbeing of children and to supporting the Convention on the Rights of the Child, we do not tolerate child abuse.
We are an equal opportunities employer www.plan-international.org
Application Deadline : Jan 12, 2017
Plan International Bangladesh
Business : Founded 78 years ago, Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children`s development organisations in the world. We work in 51 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. In 2014, Plan International worked with 82 million children in 87,000 communities. Plan International is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations but having a vision of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people`s rights and dignity.
Plan International has been operating in Bangladesh since 1994. Plan International seeks to ensure the rights of children to education, health, safe water and sanitation, protection, youth social and economic empowerment and climate change, environmental degradation and natural or man-made disaster hazards throughout the country.