|SMC Enterprise Ltd, a large well-reputed organization involved in the sales, marketing and production of health and consumer products is looking for an experienced, matured and self driven Manager, Procurement. The position will be based at the Head Office, Banani, Dhaka. |
POSITION TITLE: MANAGER, FOREIGN PROCUREMENT
The position will be responsible for sourcing goods, works and services as per standard procurement guidelines by maintaining relationship with internal and external stakeholders. The position should be able to perform strategic commercial on procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and do more savings by annual procurement planning. In addition, the incumbent will also be responsible for the following activities:
- Ensure specifications have been prepared in generic nature impartially and all proposals have been evaluated properly maintaining standard procurement norms.
- Execute, coordinate, monitor and manage LC related works, custom handling, Import clearance & documentation, having sound knowledge of Clearing & Forwarding (C&F), Customs rules & regulations etc.
- Supervise all documentations preparation related to imports efficiently and correctly; correspondences with Banks for opening of L/C, retirement of documents and making of other import related letters to bank.
- Keep regular contact with foreign suppliers for smooth shipment as per schedule.
- Checking of shipping documents. (B/L, Invoice, Packing List, Certificate of Country of origin, Certificate of Analysis, Radiation Certificate etc.) Correspondences and arrangement to have payment of insurance claim.
- Renewal of all IRC and ERC and Indenting IRC.
- Take proactive initiative to place the proposal to the management for approval with adequate justification of the procurement with maintaining the guidelines; have to focus on reducing overall procurement lifecycle though close supervision, monitoring and proper contract management.
- Communicate constantly with key personnel in procurement, manufacturing, inventory control, logistics and distribution department of the organization to ensure that the objectives of each ‘SBU-Value Chain’ is achieved
- Lead and supervise a team to take challenge for new initiatives and to add values to improve the overall existing systems and deliveries as per legitimate and logical requirement of the stakeholders.
- Design and implement supply chain that supports business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities and cost reduction strategies.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters in any discipline preferably MBA major in Supply Chain Management or Diploma in SCM; qualification may be relaxed for exceptional deserving candidates.
- At least 10 (ten) years relevant experience in FMCG, Pharmaceutical and large Enterprises; Experience may be relaxed for prospective candidates.
- 35-45 years of age
- Should be proactive, self motivated, dynamic, dedicated and a person of high integrity.
- Excellent Report writing and verbal communication skills both in Bangla and English
- Excellent Computer skill in MS Office Application suite
Selected candidate will be offered an attractive salary and benefit package which includes PF, Gratuity, Performance incentive, Profit share, Festival bonuses, Group life insurance, Leave encashment etc.
Interested candidates may apply in confidence with a detailed CV with names and contact information of three references (non-relative), a cover letter supporting the qualification of the candidate for the position and two copies of recent passport size color photographs to the Human Resources Department, SMC Enterprise Ltd, SMC Tower, 33 Banani C/A, Dhaka – 1213 or apply through http://www.smc-bd.org/index.php/job/. The deadline for submission of the application is November 26, 2016.
Please mark the position applied for, on top of the envelope.
* We are an equal opportunity employer.