Head of Arts, Bangladesh
The British Council
- PURPOSE OF JOB: To work with the UK and Bangladesh Arts sectors to develop collaborative programmes and partnerships which deepen bilateral cultural understanding through the arts. Specifically, to lead on the Arts programme in Bangladesh, including the design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation, to achieve impact as outlined in the regional arts strategy and country plan.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Contribute to the development of regional arts strategy and country strategy
- Development and delivery of an innovative arts programme which responds to the regional Arts strategy and country strategy, working closely with UK art form leads
- Commissioning of research, developing project concepts and writing project proposals
- Ensure Arts projects are managed to a high standard and meet the project objectives
- Monitor and evaluation of events and activities to ensure they achieve the required impact, income and leverage
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications team to support impact and reach of the Arts programme, ensuring that outputs are in line with brand guidelines and maximise digital opportunities
- Plan and management of the Arts budget (expenditure and income), ensuring spend and profiling match the annual targets
- Lead the arts team in Bangladesh to develop and deliver projects
- Degree level qualification or equivalent related to the Arts or Arts management
- Specialist knowledge of the Arts scene in Bangladesh and a broad knowledge and familiarity of UK culture
- Broad network of contacts in the Arts in the Bangladesh
- Delivery of Arts projects and contracts
- At least 5 years’ recent professional experience of working in a creative, producing, programming or management capacity in the Arts sector, ideally with international links
- Risk management awareness
- Monthly salary BDT 153,000 (Consolidated)
- Transport allowance of Tk 8000.00 per month plus other benefits according to the organisation’s policy.
- Professional development opportunities
- Medical benefits upon confirmation on the post for the staff and their family members (spouse/declared partner and children).
- Experience of working in an international organisation includes good work life balance and flexible working hours
- Bdjobs Online Job Posting
Job Category: NGO/Development
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and called for interview. We will only shortlist applications submitted on a British Council application form submitted electronically through jobs portal. No hard copies of the application will be accepted.
To apply, please click on the following link that will take you to the Jobs portal of British Council, Head of Arts
The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. Our policy aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, religion or marital status. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria
Application Deadline : Nov 30, 2016
The British Council