Programme Assistant SC5
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Requisition # 5581 – Posted 01/12/2016 – Service Contract WFP – Asia, Southern – Bangladesh – Dhaka
- The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking applications from qualified candidates to fill the position of Programme Assistant at the SC-5 level for (12) Twelve months (extendable) based in Dhaka with occasional field visits.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Programme Officer, Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping, the Programme Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide support to WFP’s collaboration in capacity strengthening of BBS in updating household survey data management and strengthening analysis and presentation of social security-related data in Household Income and Expenditure Survey (HIES).
- Provide extensive support to BBS on database preparation, handling and management for Household Income and Expenditure Survey (HIES) 2016
- Coordinate the activities of local vendor/consultant to develop and implement data management platform within BBS
- Providing support to strengthening capacity of BBS in conducting a panel survey of beneficiaries of a Social Safety Net Programme-Vulnerable Group Development (VGD); data collection and analysis
- Supporting the VAM team in activities related to make necessary arrangements for field data collection and enumerators’ training for panel survey, data processing and cleaning activities
- Support BBS and local firm on activities related to household tracking for panel survey
- Strengthening the operational capacity of WFP country office, sub-offices staff and staff of relevant government institution and local partners to conduct VAM assessments, analysis and monitoring of food security.
- Establish and maintain sound relationship with national and international development partners and government agencies to promote easy exchange of data and information.
- Attend and contribute to meetings, workshops, policy dialogue on food security, nutrition and other development agendas at the central and field level.
- Provide GIS mapping related assistance and GIS database support as and when required.
- Coordinate and design tab-based data collection (eg. ODK) for VAM assessments and surveys.
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor Degree in Economics, Statistics/Applied Statistics, Computer Science and/or technical certifications is highly recommended, but some college and technical training along with commensurate experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated proficiency in survey and database application management statistical analysis and designing and maintaining MIS system. Skills on, open source mobile data collection tools, GIS and mapping knowledge. Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure, ability to work both individually and as part of a team, good problem solving skills, ability to perform detailed work of a confidential nature and/or to handle large volume of work systematically.
- Experience: At least three years of progressively responsible job related experience on survey design, sampling, quantitative survey with large sample size, advanced web-based MIS, technical support and/or programming. Experience on, programming knowledge, online MIS, database management, GIS, open source mobile data collection tools are desirable.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla.
- The approximate remuneration will be BDT 69,981.00 per month.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply through :
by 18 December 2016
. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
Since women are underrepresented in WFP Bangladesh, qualified
female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline : Dec 18, 2016