Senior Project Officer (Engineer), WaSH Department
Action Contre la Faim (ACF)
Ukhiya/ Teknaf, Cox`s Bazar
Job Description / Responsibility
- 1) GENERAL ASSIGNMENT
- Conduct the implementation of the Action Against Hunger’s WaSH project, be implicated in its elaboration, its impact analysis, its integration and sector coordination.
- 2) TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Objective 1: Implementation of WaSH activities
- – Preparing the work plan considering the target of the project period.
- – Ensure implementation of the WaSH activities as per the work plan and or defined by his/her supervisor.
- – Validate the relevance of the intervention area, the selection of beneficiaries, and identification of committed players.
- – Ensure the project’s technical follow-up for his/her component.
- – Plan the activities according to the development of the project.
- – Follow the activity advancement by regular visits.
- – preparing the activity reports.
- Objective 2: Scaling up access to improved sanitation facilities
- – Preparing the drawing, design and BoQ of the facilities.
- – Propose solutions or improvements for better performance of the activities.
- – Regular Monitoring the activity of the construction work.
- – Preparing the details work plan for the construction work and implement as well.
- – Preparing the activity progress report of the relevant activities.
- Objective 3: Participate in monitoring and supervision of the project activities
- – Regular monitor the WaSH activities at field level.
- – Prepare monitoring tools according to the project indicators.
- – Monitor and follow up the volunteers’ activities.
- – Assist and guide the volunteers for smooth functioning of the project.
- Objective 4: Strengthening ownership through advocacy and partnership
- – Defining the approach with local stakeholders, other organizations and LGIs.
- – Support management plan development with health centres management.
- Objective 5: Efficient management of the field stock
- – Proper documentation of the received and delivered materials in the field level.
- – Ensure the quality of the materials in the field level or in the base level (if needed).
- – Ensure the proper use of the materials in the field level.
- – Ensure steps of stock management (stock card, bin card etc.) as per the Action Against Hunger policy.
- – Ensuring the availability of the required materials (ensuring the SRO or relevant document) in the field level.
- – Periodical physical inventory as and when needed.
Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Diploma in Civil Engineering.
- 5 years’ experience in water, sanitation and hygiene.
- Should have proven technical WaSH experience: 3 years for Bachelor Degree / 05 years for Diploma in Civil Engineering.
- Proven experience in management (team management, supervision, activity planning).
- Proven experience in organizing/ facilitating training.
- Proven experience in repairing and maintenance for WaSH facilities.
- Experience in sanitation will be an added value.
- Required Competency & Skills:
- Ability to communicate with people in local language (Cox’s Bazar).
- Good in English (written/verbal).
- Team management, organizational capacity and activity planning – Ability to analyse and synthesize – Ability to work under limited supervision – Dynamism – Good report writing ability – Computer skills
As per Action Against Hunger policy.
Complete and updated CV including 2 (two) professional references (non-relative).
Recent passport size photograph.
NB: Only completed application will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please be prepared for the technical tests / interviews.
Candidates who already applied for this position before, they do not need to apply again.
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline : Jul 25, 2017
Action Contre la Faim (ACF)
Address : Orin Tower, House # 23, Road # 113/A, Gulshan – 2, Dhaka 1212
Business : Action Contre la Faim /Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian non-Governmental, non-political, neutral and non-profit international organisation (INGO) that was established in France in 1979 to deliver aid in countries throughout the world. The aim of Action Against Hunger is to save lives by combating Hunger and Disasters that threaten the Lives of vulnerable Children, Women & Men. Since 2007, Action Against Hunger has been providing assistance to vulnerable populations in Bangladesh in the arena of Nutrition & Health, Mental Health & Care Practices (MHCP), Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL & DRR), and Water Sanitation & Hygiene (WaSH).