ActionAid Bangladesh Jobs Circular has been published in daily job portal bdjobs and to get the most popular jobs website form BD Career – www.bd-career.org. ActionAid Bangladesh Job Circular offer total some New vacancy in this post Master’s degree passed Student also apply this ActionAid Bangladesh job circular 2017. ActionAid Bangladesh jobs application last date before 26 August 2017.
ActionAid Bangladesh Jobs Circular 2017
Post Of Name: Training Officer (Re-Announcement).
- Project : Global Platform Bangladesh
- Duration : Up to December 31, 2019
- Summary of Global Platforms
- The Global Platforms (GP) are a global network of youth training hubs for empowerment and activism. The key mandate of GPs is equip youth with the confidence, knowledge and skills to be active citizens and to engage with decision makers. The first GPs started in Tanzania and Denmark in 2009 and as of present has expanded to 10 training centres in Kenya, Palestine, Jordan, Myanmar, Nepal, El Salvador, Ghana and Bangladesh. The platforms are founded on experiential and participatory learning techniques that have evolved through inspiration from great educational thinkers like Paulo Freire and John Dewey. The GPs are an extension of ActionAid`s strong experience providing formal and non-formal training using participatory methods
- ActionAid Bangladesh and Global Platform
- ActionAid (AA) is a federation with 40 national members. AAB has been working in the country for over 30 years in strengthening the capacity and empowering individuals and collectives, especially, of the marginalised and most vulnerable so that they can attain justice and dignity. Over the years, AAB has supported the organisational and capacity development of local partners (CBOs, NGOs, etc.) in its engagement with communities. In 2013 AAB worked in partnership with 27 local partner organisations and 23 networks in some of the most poor and vulnerable areas in 27 districts of the country. Through its Local Right Programmes (LRPs) across 26 communities AAB reached out to 114,000 people 37,197 consisted of young women and men while in parallel, lobbying and advocating with duty bearers as part of the organisation`s campaigning efforts for influencing changes in attitudes, policy and practice.
- AAB works broadly across a number of thematic areas of intervention which includes women`s rights, youth, right to education, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities, livelihood security, disaster preparedness/risk reduction and emergency response. In addition to funding from its child sponsorship program, AAB is also implementing a number of large scale projects funded by institutional donors such as the EC, ECHO, DFID and DANIDA, as well as, from private trusts and foundations. From its inception, AAB has closely worked with both adolescents and youth as key agents of change in both local and national programming. As such, youth empowerment in leadership and facilitating their changes as Agents of social change has been strongly focused through AAB`s Fourth Country Strategy Paper (CSP IV).
- The objective of GP Bangladesh is to ensure that adolescents and young people are empowered to occupy leadership positions and act as agents of social change in their communities. The capacity development hub will further provide support to strengthening the space for youth dialogue, provide capacity development for adolescents and youth especially in rural communities, generate a centre for research, knowledge and innovation and support AAB`s programmes.
- One position will support on designing and delivering entrepreneurship training, livelihoods training and organisational development. The training will take place in a number of locations across Bangladesh. The trainer is expected to bring technical knowledge of livelihoods programmes/polices and contribute to a dynamic team of engaging trainers, with diverse skill sets.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Support training content development and deliver trainings
- Contribute ideas to Global Platform Manager (GPM) and Training Quality Coordinator (TQC) for the development and design of new trainings;
- Ensure strategies and objectives of AAB are integrated and aligned with the overall development of new training courses;
- Support Training Coordinators in the process of contextualising existing training modules and activities. Lead on own projects and training module design and development as required;
- Develop modules and training manuals in Bangla and English, for global platform and other stakeholders in ActionAid and externally;
- Ensure involvement of relevant stakeholders, such as AAB staff, Local Rights Programmes (LRPs) and other partners while supporting the contextualisation, development and design of trainings;
- Support in the production of training modules and knowledge products;
- Recruit participants for trainings;
- Plan and make logistical arrangements in coordination with office administration;
- Manage and facilitate trainings, and support others in facilitation;
- Provide logistical support during trainings;
- Organise evaluation and debriefing meetings; and
- Prepare and share evaluation reports with GPM, AAB and others as and when required;
- Support TQC to develop a strong M&E framework and database for developing baseline and end of course evaluations, as well as, an effective tracking system for participants to gauge the longer term impacts; and
- Coordinate with other trainers to ensure all required M&E is completed.
- Build a youth hub
- Support GPM to facilitate and develop the GP as a meeting place for youth with the necessary facilities for them to discuss, interact, learn from each other, research and organise activities they find relevant;
- Contribute to building a network of partners, peers and relevant resource persons who can be included in GP trainings and activities;
- Contribute to the strategic development of GP Bangladesh as a relevant, innovative and popular training centre; and
- Linking with Activista Bangladesh and other local/national youth organisations/networks.
- Create a learning organization
- Research new pedagogical trends and entrepreneurship projects;
- Plan personal growth in cooperation with the GPM and TQC;
- Reflect on personal performance; and
- Provide feedback to fellow trainers and support their professional growth.
- Follow up
- Document and share stories of change with AAB;
- Link former training participants with program/project activities;
- Provide support to former participant’s initiatives;
- Provide support to GP Manager and TQC to prepare annual plans and budget; and
- Any other tasks as assigned by the GPM.
- S/he will report to Training Coordinator of Global Platform Bangladesh
- Expected Deliverable
- S/he has to maintain functional relationship with her/ his peers in the team.
- S/he must be able to make effective communications with other programme and operational teams and ActionAid International/ Federation and other Country Programmes.
- A Master’s degree in social sciences, development studies or a related discipline
- Training on participatory methodologies
- At least 2 year(s)
- At least 2 years’ experience in the field of facilitation and training content development/delivery
- At least 2 years’ experience in international development programming, planning, delivering, report writing
- Required Competencies
- Youth Rights Programming, community mobilization of young people, youth livelihoods
- Design and delivery of programs/participatory training on livelihoods and entrepreneurship
- Experience of working on capacity building of civil society organizations;
- Written, typing and communication skills in Bangla and English;
- Demonstrated experience of working with young people;
- In depth knowledge of HRBA and gender based programming; and
- Past experience in living and working in rural areas would be an advantage;
- Willingness to undertake frequent field visits;
- Other Competencies:
- Integrity and professionalism: demonstrated expertise in area of specialty and ability to apply good judgment; high degree of autonomy, personal initiative and ability to take ownership; willingness to accept wide responsibilities and ability to work independently under established procedures in a politically sensitive environment, while exercising discretion, impartiality and neutrality; ability to manage information objectively, accurately and confidentially; responsive and client-oriented;
- Accountability: mature and responsible; ability to operate in compliance with organisational rules and regulations;
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor (own) work; ability to work under pressure, with conflicting deadlines, and to handle multiple concurrent projects/activities;
- Teamwork and respect for diversity: ability to operate effectively across organisational boundaries; ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and harmonious working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender;
- Communication: proven interpersonal skills; ability to prepare clear and concise reports; ability to conduct presentations, articulate options and positions concisely; ability to make and defend recommendations; ability to communicate and empathize with staff (including international staff), and remain helpful towards the staff, but objective, without showing personal interest; capacity to transfer information and knowledge to a wide range of different target groups; and
- Genuine commitment towards the human rights based approach principles which include solidarity, compassion, reciprocity and self-reliance; and commitment towards the organisation’s core values.
- Tk. 51811
- Festival Bonus, Provident Fund, Gratuity, Medical Benefit, Group Life Insurance Etc.
Person who applied before need not apply again
ActionAid Bangladesh aims to attract and select a diverse workforce ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, HIV status, class, ethnicity, disability, location and religion. Any personal persuasion/phone-call will result in disqualification of candidature.
ActionAid Bangladesh has a non-negotiable policy of ZERO TOLERANCE towards child abuse, exploitation and child labor and expects all employees to abide by the Child Protection Policy of ActionAid Bangladesh.
Application Closing Date: 26 August 2017