Shimantik Job Circular on July 2017
Accounts & Admin Officer
- Shimantik is a well-reputed not-for-profit organization involved in the implementation of different development and reproductive health program is urgently looking for the following professionals. The organization seeks talented and aspiring candidates who would join our team and meaningfully contribute to the efforts to reach the organization`s goal.
- Job Location: Project office, Sylhet.
- Job Summary: The position is based in the district level and will directly report to the Project Manager of the `Notun Din` Community Mobilization program under `Marketing Innovations for Sustainable Health Development (MISHD) project supported by Social Marketing Company (SMC). The incumbent should have good knowledge on Accounting practice, Income Tax, VAT and Custom rules of our country. S/he will must be capable of handling and managing Accounts, Audit, VAT, Project costs, Income Tax matters etc. S/he will be Capable of in preparation of budgets, budgetary control and financial reports. S/he should have good command in both Written and Spoken English. Should have excellent working knowledge of MS office and Internet browsing.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Maintain all aspects of accounting function and accounting records of the project in accordance with MISHD Accounts & Admin officer Policies and Government requirements as well as Shimantik.
- Ensure the update of Ledger on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all financial records are maintained according to MISHD project and Audit standards, including bank receipts, disbursement register, invoices, bank statements, advance for Day -to-Day expenses, stock register etc.
- Ensure that bank statements are reconciled in each month.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports including cash call of each month.
- Responding to audit comments and implementing audit recommendation Corrective Action Plan (CAP).
- Preparing budget, keeping track of revenue generation fund and generate reports.
- Analyze expenditure level compared with budget on monthly basis.
- Regular Monitoring Financial and Administrative activities.
- Maintain advance register for district office.
- Issue advance for Day-to-day expenses and review advance vouchers.
- Ensure prepared of monthly payroll and staff salary for all the offices.
- Procurement of all goods and services as per budget provision and MISHD guideline required for the offices.
- Ensure maintain of leave register and preserve leave form in personal file with proper approval.
- Ensure fixed assets recording, annual inventory and ID #.
- Undertake regular field visits in district offices and provide onsite technical assistance to the Assistant Accounts officer for effectively maintaining Accounts.
- Carry out any other tasks as and when required
- Masters degree in Accounting/ Finance (No third class/ divisions in any examinations). MBA degree holder will get preference.
- At least 5 year(s)
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in the relevant field
- Interpersonal communication skill is highly required
- Computer skills: Microsoft office (Ms Word, Ms Excel and Ms Power point etc.), Internet browsing.
- Tk. 32970
As per organizational policy.
If you comply with the qualification and experience, please send your application and CV addressing to Executive Director- Shimantik, DR. Ahmed Al Kabir Shimantik Complex, Upashahar Point, (Abul Mal Abdul Muhit Sports Complex), Masimpur, Sylhet-3100.
Application should reach by July 22, 2017 with contact cell phone number and two recent passport size photographs, photocopy of NID, academic & experience certificates and two references. Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline : Jul 22, 2017
Address : Shimantik Bhobon, Link Bridge Road, Mendibag, Sylhet