- Affectation: Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Start of the activities: September 2017
- Number of positions: 01
- Duration of the contract: 5 Months
- ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
- Line Manager: Deputy Program Coordinator
- Functional Report(s): Weekly Progress Report (SITREP) to be sent to DPC. APU.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Under the supervision of the Deputy Program Coordinator, the Water Supervisor will carry out and oversee the activities for a pilot project related to access to safe water in Dhaka slums, ensuring that all Solidarites International procedures, technical recommendations, and community participation and accountability processes are followed.
- Water Supervisor will engage in:
- Project relevance, quality and design
- Carry out technical baseline assessments, design and feasibility for water supply safety construction and rehabilitation.
- Carry out community assessments, beneficiary selection processes, and community consultations.
- Supervise and monitor each stage of activity. Ensure the quality of constructions by following the drawings, specification, safety measures, methods and SI procedures.
- Supervise and facilitate all community engagement activities (consultation, awareness promotion, Water Safety Committees). Ensure quality and accountability of community engagement activities by following the procedures of SI and recommended methods.
- Carry out all monitoring and evaluation activities, including water quality testing, infrastructure monitoring, participant follow up, and endline assessment.
- Prepare the final report of the project with support from the Deputy Program Coordinator.
- Train and capacitate local volunteers for community assessments and awareness promotion.
- Communicate and plan with the local partner to organise activities and their role in supporting them.
- Develop a weekly activities plan, approved by the Deputy Program Coordinator, in order to achieve the required objectives defined in the project proposal.
- Ensure that weekly briefings are held with the DPC to update on progress on the activities
- Ensure that within weekly activities plan, the following aspects are included:
- – Plan human resources needs (daily workers, volunteers…)
- – Plan tool and material needs (request from stock in advance)
- – Anticipate administrative issues (requests in advance)
- – Anticipate logistics issues (transport, communication means…)
- – Anticipate delays on program activities and update planning when delays occur
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions.
- Organize and carry out tasks assigned by the Deputy Program Coordinator
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with the Deputy Program Coordinator
- Provide support on other projects and activities in the Programs Department as required.
- Logistics and Administration
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her Project manager and the administrative service
- Prepare the daily workers payment sheet and volunteer per diem payment (assisting in post-BoQs, bills preparation).
- Prepare monthly forecast of project- related expenses and IOFs with support of Deputy Program Coordinator
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by team members, volunteers and daily workers.
- Monitor the quality and quantity of material delivered to areas of intervention.
- Ensure the receipt and storage of material and equipment necessary for his/her work to be carried out in the field and the office level
- Ensure the support in stock monitoring
- Ensure the good respect of working conditions while in office or in the field, especially the respect to SI code of conduct and standard operating procedures for the area of operation and safety rules on the construction sites.
- Reporting / communication
- Take part in weekly program meetings
- Track the usage of provided monitoring tools and suggest necessary changes.
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to the DPC
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report (which should include progress made) to his/her DPC and point out challenges faced in the implementation and propose mitigation measures.
- Draft the monthly program pack (APU) with support DPC.
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (population) in the field
- Listen to the population and local participants in the field and report to the DPC non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams.
- Diploma or higher degrees in engineering, geography or equivalent with combination of qualifications
- At least 2 year(s)
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in WASH project
- Technical expertise in different water and sanitation infrastructures
- Excellent skills on MS Office pack, AutoCAD or any other drawing software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Bangla and English
- BDT 36,417 per month and other benefits as per the organization HR policy.
Application Deadline : Aug 2, 2017
Business : SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is an international humanitarian organization based in Paris, France, which provides aid and assistance to victims of war and natural disasters. For the past 35 years, the organization`s vocation has been to meet the three vital needs – drinking, eating and sheltering – of vulnerable populations around the world. Our programs mainly focus on emergency relief actions related to water and sanitation but also related to food security as well as shelter and infrastructure rehabilitation and reconstruction.